When you are shopping for threaded inserts, remember that all fastener manufacturers are not the same. You need inserts that are easy to install and durable and that won’t create issues whether you are using them on the assembly line or for shop and repair work. Over the years, we have worked with a variety of threaded insert makers, and we have found AVK Industrial Products to be one of the best.
Headquartered in Southern California, AVK has been designing and manufacturing blind threaded inserts and studs since 1983. Their line of blind installed threaded fasteners is widely used in transportation and other industrial markets, and their fasteners are available in standard and metric sizes, as well as special designs.
What makes AVK fasteners superior performing inserts is their manufacturing process. AVK uses high-speed, cold-forming equipment to manufacture its blind installed threaded inserts, which makes its fasteners harder with greater tensile strength for lasting performance. Manufacturing of AVK threaded inserts also is controlled and certified to meet ISO/TS16949 and ISO 9001 international standards.
AVK Threaded Inserts Offered by Bay Supply
At Bay Supply, we stock a full line of AVK blind installed threaded inserts so we can meet our customers’ needs. Here is a list of the AVK threaded inserts we offer:
- A-H Threaded Hex Inserts – These semi-hexagonal inserts are designed to be used with Grade 5 or Metric Class 8.8/9yytr.8 mating screws and fit in the corresponding hex hole so they won’t spin. When they are installed, the radius corners of the A-H Series™ insert expand to fill the hole for a secure fit. These closed-end inserts can be installed before or after finish using hydraulic tools on an assembly line.
- A-K Knurled Threaded Inserts – AVK’s A-K Series™ insert has a knurled body to hold it in place for a virtually flush installation, eliminating the need for countersink drilling. These inserts have a wide grip range that is 2.5 times greater than the capacity of conventional rivet nuts, and they are available in open- and closed-end configurations.
- A-L Knurled Threaded Inserts – These knurled inserts have a larger body and are ideal for use in punched or drilled holes while creating a low-profile fastening. They are available in open-end, closed-end, sealed-head, and wedge-head designs. These inserts are popular for their superior performance.
- A-O Threaded Inserts – AVK’s A-O Series™ inserts have a similar low profile to the A-K series but without the knurled body. They also are narrower and can be specified for applications where the design parameters require a smaller hole or closer tolerances. These inserts come in a range of thread sizes.
- A-R Threaded Inserts – Designed specifically for use with plastics and thin-gauge metals, the A-R Series™ offers increased resistance to pull-out. The A-R inserts also feature a PreSet™ slotted body design, so each insert folds into four segments to grip the blind side of the parent material. They are available as straight body design, with special design heads, and as stud inserts.
- A-W Knurled Threaded Inserts – For use with softer materials that are thicker than .062/1.57 mm, these inserts are ideal for fiberglass and plywood. They deliver exceptional shear strength and resist pull-out. The brass A-W inserts are commonly used in fiberglass boat manufacturing.
- R-N Rivetnut Threaded Inserts – AVK’s R-N Series® rivet nut threaded insert is a heavy-duty insert with increased wall thickness in the collapse area. Available in closed-end, keyed head, and countersunk head, these rivet nuts are useful for applications such as leg leveling.
AVK threaded inserts are corrosion-resistant and available in steel. Inserts in brass, aluminum, and other materials are available by special order.
Tools to Meet Your AVK Insert Needs
AVK threaded inserts are especially popular in manufacturing and assembly line applications. Because Bay Supply is committed to meeting all your fastener needs, we also offer a full line of tools and parts, including mandrels and pneumatic and hydraulic insert tools.
If you’re unsure of which AVK threaded insert to order, our team has decades of industry experience and can recommend the best insert for your needs.